Illustrator files need to be packaged in order to be sure all the required elements are available. As an alternative to the instructions below you may also convert all text to paths and embed any linked graphics.
Here are detailed instructions:
- Open your AI file in Illustrator.
- If possible, resolve any errors concerning missing links or fonts.
- Go to File: Package.
- Select all the check boxes.
- Browse to where you’d like to create the package folder (desktop would be fine) and enter the name of the folder.
- Click the PACKAGE button.
- Find the new folder that Illustrator created and verify that it contains copies of all required files.
- Right-click the folder and choose “Compress” (Mac) or “Send to ZIP” (Windows, might be something different but similar depending on what software you have installed). This will zip it up.
- Choose the red SEND ARTWORK button on the TigerPress website to transmit your zipped file.