TigerPress is searching for a Purchasing Agent/Buyer who will Assist the production team with purchasing materials, supplies and outside services relative to daily operations.
- Find most suitable vendors for materials, outside purchases, supplies, etc., based on reliability, product quality and cost-efficiency.
- Negotiate annual agreements for materials and supplies.
- Obtain price bids and delivery dates from vendors.
- Negotiate suitable terms and conditions for purchases.
- Research and compare suppliers, goods, and services.
- Monitor Inventory levels and determine purchase needs.
- Process picklists in the system, physically pick parts, and fill work order shortages as they arrive.
- Work with production department to process discrepancies and arrange pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Maintain accurate accounting of materials and purchases in our MIS.
- 4-year college degree, or 3 years of experience as a buyer.
- Strong knowledge of print and paper business.
- Maintain a positive attitude always.
- Ability to negotiate and find alternative solution for our purchases.
- Strong math skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced working environment where priorities frequently shift and interruptions happen often.
- Communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!